Wednesday, June 30, 2010
Good but sad day today. Lidia is leaving for summer capm ☹
The strike was still on, so I rode with my family again and Lindsey, who lives down the street, came with us. My family later told me that my Spanish is much better and that I had a lot more “verguenza” or fearlessness. I tried a new breakfast tart. It was probably not my favorite thing in the world. It was like a glazed croissant, but in the inside it had bitter bright pieces of hard jello-ish colored blocks. Interesting, but only once.
School was so boring. Maybe it wasn’t, and I was just tired, but as soon as I got out into the sun I was awake and ready to spend my day in the city! Since the strike was still going on and everyone lives North and nearby school, Ben and Mass and I walked again towards Sol. Only today we got lost, but it was better for me because I ended up on the street I wanted to shop on. Ok, so maybe worse for me, and my wallet! Jk. I only bought in stores with Rebajas! I got another dress from Blanco, which must be my favorite store in the world, and I found the Turkish pants being sold on the street so I finally got the courage to get some, even thought they make people look fat, but I’ll wear them around my apartment as sweatpants. And I found a white dress being sold in a street stall that I bargained for in order to wear for San Fermin in Pamploma because everyone wears white. Yay for bargaining! I tried to find shoes too, but we all know how picky I am, so no, I didn’t find any. I also finally decided to try this place called Café y Te, which is a coffee and tea chain around here, and I got hot chocolate per the lady behind the counter’s recommendation, and it was finally the hot chocolate that everyone talks about as being so thick and literally melted chocolate! Yum!
Then I explored Campo de Moro finally. It was beautiful and my favorite garden had tons of jasmine and smelled so good! There were also baby peacocks and black swans. And a trail called “Mosquito Trail”…hmmmm, not good advertising if you ask me! But I went on it and didn’t get a single bite!
I came home early to spend time with Lidia, but they were out shopping. We had dinner together thought, and she told me all about her program and we talked about scary movies and Halloween. Then, when it was time for dessert, my dad sang some song about it so I taught them “You scream, I scream, we all scream for ice cream!” They thought it was so funny!
Know I just finished packing for Barcelona and I’m off to bed ☺
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment