Thursday, June 4, 2010
I was so happy to be done with dinner and head to bed but then I realized that I hadn’t wrote up today and if I fall behind I’ll never be able to catch up!
Today we met at El Museo de La Ciudad. It was boring. Mostly because it was in Spanish and there were 25 of us so not only could I not understand everything, I couldn’t hear. And I was hungry. But I got 7 hours of sleep last night! Yay! But the museum pretty much just had miniatures of all of the city buildings and talked and talked about them all. I’m sure it was interesting, if I couldn’t understood/ heard it. But really I could see what she was pointing to on Google Earth. If I’m in Madrid, I’d rather see it in person.
Afterwards a group of us (Caroline, Erin, Rene, Tara, Michael, Steve, Ben, and Eric) went to find lunch (shame on us, we wanted lunch before 3!) so we went to a supermarket and bought snacks, baguettes, meat, cheese, and wine to take to the park. All for 1 Euro a person! Wow! And seriously our bottle of wine was .85 Euro and the pretzels were 1.95!
Then we went shopping in a neighborhood, just around town. I got some cookies from a bakery. Yum! One was pistachio flavored and the other was Dulce de Leche.
Then I came home to do homework, but forgot when I got distracted by Facebook and Skype. Oops! But I have until Monday. Exam Wednesday…too soon!
Then we ate from 9:30 until 10:45. Dinner was beef stew with potatoes, it was delicious! Of course they made me eat dessert, which was a store-bought really yummy ice cream sandwich, but definitely something I could have lived without. I think when I come back I’ll voluntarily give up any dessert because I’ll be so tired of them. Hopefully I won’t get used to them and expect dessert at lunch and dinner!
Goodnight!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Cheese, wine, and shopping!!! My favorites!
ReplyDelete