Thursday, June 24, 2010

Wednesday, June 24, 2010

Exam tomorrow :/ there’s SO much information! For lunch today my grandmother served hamburgers and wanted Jaime to explain what they were and he told her that Americans ate hamburgers all of the time. Obviously my grandmother doesn’t concern herself with American culture that much! And she told me she forgot my name. that’s why she calls me “cielo” and “senorita” all the time.

I then worked on my take-home exam for 5 hours straight. With some Portugal planning. I’m so excited! Luckily I decided to take a break, because Ben and I went to the oldest dulce shop in Madrid and bought a cake to eat while studying. Everyone was looking at us as we sat on the bench eating our cake, so probably not something that Spaniards do all of the time. Myra and Tara were supposed to come, but never showed, so we literally ate half a cake each. It was Brazas de Zarfa or something like that, which was a whipped cream substance around a dulce de leche fluffy stuff and wrapped in a caramel-break type shell, so luckily, in cake terms, it was light.

Then, I met some other people for tapas for Greg’s birthday. There are so many people who have birthdays during the trip! My dad and I were talking about it at dinner and it got really awkward because he said I should do research and see if in 1990 9 months before the summer there was a TV outage or lunar something that made people stay in and decide to have kids. He just talked like this was completely normal conversation. Oh Spain! He was really analyzing this. And even went as far as to ask if all of the students with birthdays were from the same region of the U.S. (so affected by a TV outage) or spread across the U.S. (so just an American baby-boomer moment in history?). Anyway, then we luckily moved to talking about futbol. And the tapas place we went to was GREAT! I’m taking both of you there! It’s called El Tigre and it’s up past Sol by Gran Via. We ordered one drink each, sidra, wine, or cerveza, and we got 5 plates of tapas, each with a selection of five various foods!

Now I’m finishing packing and studying for my in-class exam tomorrow! Then we leave right after school! Talk to you in few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment