Monday, July 5, 2010
Showing Jaime Miley Cyrus’s real voice and accents, including sarah palin
Grandma teaching me the lentajas recipe, which we ate for lunch on the hottest day yet!
Her not thinking there is chicken broth in the U.S., or tomatoes
Senesa store to look at capes- Michael Jackson shopped there!
Gracia wears the same thing everyday, and we finally took a picture and she was so excited!
Alejandro asked me what my favorite Spanish meal is, so we talked a lot
My dad likes drawing on napkins to explain things.
Tuesday, July 6, 2010
Running around Madrid and only speaking Spanish: to get tickets to the Nactional Ballet de Espana and to organize my mom’s hotel stay…I now feel confident in my daily Spanish abilities!
Grandma saying she’s going to miss me ☹
My grandpa bought me dehydrated chicken stock to take home to cook with…he’s so funny!
Best chicken al horno (of the oven) of my life!
Alejandro teaching me a card trick: He asked me to pick a card. I did. He put it back in the stack upside down. Then he went through all the cards, sliding them from one hand to the other, face-side up, and he came to the one that was face-down, which he put in that way, and asked if it was my card. Obviously it was. Haha, how great.
They are just too accepting of napping here. At home, I feel guilty for napping, knowing that I should be getting stuff done, so I force myself to wake up after not too long, but here my mom’s like, “You should descansar (rest) for a while, maybe until 5, 5:30, or 6” and then I plan to get up but I don’t feel guilty about hitting snooze and what do you know…it’s 6!
I made brownies with my mom. They don’t have pans here, so she showed me these silicon pans type things. Turns out they work just fine, except that they’re floppy and I almost slipped all of the brownies! But Alejandro dipped his finger in to try and exclaimed “Joder! Que rico!” which means “F**k, how rich!” haha. Oh, my eight year-old brother! And then he licked the spoon. And my mom asked if this was like all American food because it comes in a box. Haha, good job Megan, spreading stereotypes about America! So we popped them in the oven and Alejandro just kept talking about the brownies and running around saying “Brownies!”
Then I called home on Sykpe, and Alejandro came in and met my mom and brother. He was so cute and tried to speak in English and said “Dios, que grande” about the house. Haha, they couldn’ve believe we live on 2 floors! And he kept calling Coconut “How beautiful!” before going back to playing Wii tennis, which he does all day now that he’s out of school. I asked him if he likes real tennis and he said only to watch on TV. We had a good conversation in Spanglish about sports because he completed an English activity book about them.
I’ve been studying all day, and putting up pictures of course, and now we just had dinner, which was pizza. Then, we all sat down to have the brownies, and they LOVED them! It was SO funny! My dad cut them and handed them out to our hands, no plates. And he cut HUGE pieces! They want to get ice cream to eat with the brownies tomorrow. And they kept joking about sneaking to the kitchen in the night to eat them. But no worries, my mom informed me that the brownies would be perfect for breakfast for all of us. Ummm…she definitely understands that it’s a dessert, as we waited this long to eat them in the day. so maybe they think that all desserts double as breakfast. Maybe that’s why breakfasts are so sweet. But I need to eat well tomorrow before the exam, so I think I’ll be skipping on the brownies for breakfast!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment